All domestic dwellings will be energy efficient, resilient to extreme weather, affordable and comfortable to live in, and that this will provide a structure for sustainable communities, attractive places to live and support jobs and skills within a low carbon economy.
To provide leadership in the environmental, social and economic aspects of sustainable housing by promoting, researching and disseminating best practice.
To influence European, national and local housing policies and strategies so as to inspire decision-makers to make efficient investment decisions in new build and retrofit that result in high quality improvements without excessive cost.
Our Board is drawn from across the housing industry and is supported by a wide network of partners and supporters.
We provide leadership through research and dissemination on sustainable housing issues and opportunities to audiences in the West Midlands and nationally.
- Co-ordinate responses to Government consultations
- Maximise the value of ECO and other housing and housing infrastructure investment for the West Midlands
- Research emerging issues on topics identified by partners
- Disseminate findings of research and shar of case studies
- Best practice events and networking
Our supporters say SHAP “is the place to be” for the housing sector.